Air ducts are an integral part of your HVAC system. They’re responsible for moving the conditioned air from your air conditioner and depositing it into your rooms so you can feel the cool air properly. Without air ducts, you’d either have to rely on ductless HVAC systems, which are considerably more expensive than centralized systems or you’d be unable to have air conditioning at all!
The team at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning specializes in duct cleaning in Plano, TX. We use specific equipment to completely clean the inside of your air ducts while making sure not to rip or tear them. Let’s talk about what could get caught in there and why you might need to call us!
The Contaminants in Your Air
In order to show you just how important it is that you invest in professional air duct cleaning, we need to talk about what exactly is in your air ducts. The truth is that depending on the type of home you have, your lifestyle, and the other people in your house, different contaminants could be plaguing your air.
Luckily, no matter what contaminants are in your air ducts, we have the tools and sanitation equipment to get them out and keep your ducts clean. Here are just a few things we might find up there:
- Dust. What would this blog post be without mentioning the most prevalent contaminants in all of our air ducts? While dust is extremely common and it’s sometimes not linked with any adverse health effects, it can seriously lower your quality of life when left unchecked. We can remove all the dust in your air ducts.
- Pet dander. For those of us who love our furry friends, your air ducts can be inundated with pet dander that will clog things up and keep things stuffy. Our duct cleaning services can remove any pet dander or fur.
- Biological contaminants. Deep in your air ducts, viruses, bacteria, and mold spores can permeate. While an air purifier is a better long-term solution for this problem, proper duct cleaning can be a great place to start.
- Hair. Some people think hair is only a problem in bathrooms, but the truth is that your hair can be intertwined with dust and get in your air ducts all the same.
- Dirt. When your kids get home from soccer practice or when you come inside after spending some time gardening, you’re probably releasing dirt into the atmosphere of your home. That dirt could end up in your air ducts.
- Debris. Extra feathers and fluff from pillows and comforters can enter your air and get clogged up in your air ducts.
- Critters and bugs. Last but definitely not least, critters and bugs can find a nice warm home in your air ducts when they haven’t been cleaned in a long while. Our team can remove them and any droppings they might come with.
Call Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc. to have your air ducts cleaned. Doing it right the first time, every time!