Duct Testing and Sealing in Plano, TX
Did you know you could be losing 30% of the conditioned air you’re paying for due to leaky ducts?
The ventilation portion of your HVAC system is quite susceptible to damage and thus, air leaks, which can occur from improper installation, intense heat, poorly insulated ductwork, and even vermin in your attic or crawlspace.
The air duct sealing and testing services we provide here at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning enables our Diagnostic Engineers to adequately assess your air duct system and see if and where your ventilation system is compromised. We are vigilant about customer service—we believe in doing things right the first time, every time! This means determining whether your HVAC needs are duct-based and resolving any leaky ductwork problems you may have.
Do You Need Duct Testing?
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, between 30 to 40% of the air moving through ducts is typically lost due to leakage.
With that in mind, if you’ve never had professional duct testing done, it’s not a bad idea to start now. Duct leakage impacts many facets of your home comfort, including:
- Indoor air quality – Leaking air ducts allow allergens, dust, pollutants, and other harmful particles and contaminants to infiltrate your Plano, TX living space and negatively affect your indoor air quality.
- HVAC efficiency – If you’re losing conditioned air, it means your heating and cooling systems must work harder to do their jobs, resulting in significantly reduced energy efficiency.
Signs You May Need Air Duct Testing
How can you tell if these factors are impacting your home comfort? There are a few signs to watch out for, including:
- Increased illnesses and allergy symptoms – If you find yourself or your family members increasingly sneezing and coughing, it could be due to allergens infiltrating your indoor air through compromised ducts.
- Uneven temperatures or reduced airflow – Your conditioned air can be escaping into unoccupied spaces of your home such as your attic, meaning that the heated or cooled air is never reaching certain vents or else the airflow is significantly impeded.
- Higher heating and cooling bills – Adjusting your thermostat won’t help if conditioned air isn’t reaching your living space. This just causes the compressor of your HVAC system to run longer and waste energy, leading to a noticeable increase in money spent on energy bills.
How Does Duct Testing Work?
To accurately test ductwork, our Plano HVAC technicians will begin by closing off all vents and duct registers to evaluate the air pressure coming from the ductwork. This allows us to identify potential leaks and measure the overall air exchange within the system. By utilizing advanced equipment, such as a blower door and pressure gauge, we can properly measure the airflow in the ducts while detecting any leaks or inefficiencies. We will then work to seal these leaks in a timely manner to enhance your HVAC system’s energy efficiency as well as your indoor air quality and overall comfort.
Professional Plano Duct Sealing
Sealing ductwork is something that should only ever be performed by trained and experienced HVAC professionals. It’s not enough to simply apply store-bought duct tape to the affected area. In fact, duct tape is not adequately named—it becomes brittle and ineffective due to the fluctuating temperatures HVAC ductwork goes through. To ensure the area is sealed properly, professional-grade mastic is used to effectively and efficiently seal up duct leakage for a long-term solution.
When you need duct sealing services, you can count on the professionals at Aire Texas to get the job done right.
Ask About Our Home Performance Services
Duct sealing is a small part of an overall home performance improvement strategy. Our Plano home performance services look at your entire home to determine how efficiently it’s performing. These services include:
- Home automation – A smart thermostat gives you precise control over your heating and cooling system preferences.
- Air sealing – Caulking, duct sealing, and attic air sealing all help improve efficiency and comfort.
- Energy audits – This helps our Diagnostic Engineers determine your home performance opportunities.
- Insulation – Proper insulation helps HVAC systems remain efficient all year long.
With the right tests and products in place, we can ensure you have all you need to affordably and conveniently achieve ultimate home comfort.
Air Duct Testing and Sealing for Residential and Commercial Customers in Plano and the Surrounding Areas
Heaters and air conditioners work hard to produce the desired temperature in your home or business, but unaddressed duct leaks can make their job much more difficult. If you notice signs indicating a leak in your air ducts, call the professional Plano HVAC technicians at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning as soon as possible. We have the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to perform efficient and effective air duct testing and sealing services in Plano and all of the surrounding DFW areas.