Indoor Air Quality in North Dallas, TX
When you think about indoor air quality, you likely consider the temperature of your home—but there is much more to it than that. The air in your Dallas-area home is actually more vulnerable to contamination and pollution than the air outside your home. Fortunately, there are a number of indoor air quality services and products that can help!
At Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning, we take poor indoor air quality very seriously. With education as our platform, we’ll assess your needs, let you know what’s working well for you in your home, and then advise you on what products and services could further improve your home comfort and the air you breathe on a daily basis.
At Aire Texas, our HVAC experts believe in “doing it right the first time, every time!” Contact us today by calling (972) 424-2473 to learn more about our comprehensive indoor air quality solutions for your North Dallas home.
Threats to Your Indoor Air Quality
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), “risks to health may be greater due to exposure to air pollution indoors than outdoors.” This means that the pollution and particulate matter circulating through the air we breathe within our very own homes are often more dangerous than the outdoor air we breathe.
This is true for a number of reasons. Factors that affect the quality of your indoor air include:
- Humidity – Discomfort is only half the equation when it comes to proper humidity levels, which should be between 30%-50%. Excess moisture can lead to wood rot and property damage, while too little humidity can lead to a higher susceptibility to illnesses, dried-out wood flooring and fixtures, and bacteria growth.
- Dangerous chemicals – Dangerous chemicals can be found virtually everywhere in your home, from cleaning materials to beauty products to even building materials. This includes major pollutants such as asbestos, formaldehyde, pesticides, carbon monoxide, and more.
- Smoke emissions – Also according to the EPA, “indoor pollution sources that release gases or particles into the air are the primary cause of indoor air quality problems.” This can include things like fuel-burning combustion appliances, tobacco products, and more.
- Ventilation – Buildings today are constructed to be airtight. This is great news for your HVAC efficiency, but not so great for the comfort of your indoor air, as a certain amount of outdoor air ventilation can actually reduce the flow of polluted air within your home.
- Cleanliness – It’s hard–but not impossible–to control high levels of particles such as dust, dirt, and allergens in your living space. The right combination of indoor air quality solutions will help keep the air inside your home allergen free!
Poor Air Quality = Poor Health
Being exposed to poor indoor air quality can lead to adverse health effects, many of which mimic the common cold or flu. For example, common symptoms that may indicate poor indoor air quality include:
- Throat irritation
- Chest pain
- And more
Prolonged exposure to poor indoor air quality can pose a serious risk for everyone, but especially for sensitive groups like the very young, the very old, and those with serious health issues like asthma, respiratory infections, or other conditions that affect the lungs and can lead to difficulty breathing.
According to data retrieved by the World Health Organization (WHO), “the combined effects of ambient air pollution and household air pollution are associated with 6.7 million premature deaths annually.” As you can see, taking measures to improve indoor air quality is not only incredibly important for you and your family’s comfort, but also for their safety.
Your Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Potential contaminants that could be infiltrating your indoor air include mold spores, allergens, pet dander, and volatile organic compounds (VOC’s). These contaminants can be traced back to everyday products and essentials, including cleaning products and air fresheners. When you obtain help from an HVAC expert at Aire Texas, we can provide comprehensive indoor air quality testing to measure your current air quality index (AQI) and determine the best way to improve it.
Some of the indoor air quality services and equipment we offer include:
- Air duct cleaning – Dirty ducts not only restrict airflow from your HVAC systems into your home, but also contribute to contaminants within your living space. By obtaining our Dallas air duct cleaning services, you’ll benefit from improved ventilation, improved energy efficiency, AND improved air quality.
- Air filtration systems and air purifiers – From electronic air cleaners to UV lamps, we have a variety of options for all sorts of unique indoor air quality needs.
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers – The ideal relative humidity level in any home is between 30-50%. Anything outside of this range needs a whole-house humidity-balancing solution.
- Heat and energy recovery ventilators – These systems bring in better ventilation so you can enjoy fresh air all day, every day, even while your home is sealed up.
Repair and Maintenance for Your Air Quality Systems in the Dallas Area
There are many benefits that come with improved indoor air, but none as important as the well-being of you and your family. And while a well-maintained, energy-efficient HVAC system can work wonders in terms of temperature and comfort, it cannot tackle the numerous pollutants found in your indoor air all on its own. That’s where our North Texas indoor air quality services and products come in.
When you need prompt and professional indoor air quality service in the Dallas area, call an air quality expert right here at Aire Texas Air Conditioning and Heating. We are prepared to come right to your home (or business) and measure the quality of your air on the spot, providing the best IAQ solutions for your unique needs. Or, if you feel your indoor air quality product isn’t working at the level it should be, it may be time for you to give our Plano, TX Diagnostic Engineers a call. We’ll be able to properly assess the problem and make the necessary recommendations to restore your indoor air quality to the fullest extent.
You can reach us by calling (972) 424-2473 or by completing our online submission form here. We look forward to assisting you in your journey to cleaner, healthier air!
The best way to fend off the worst of HVAC and indoor air quality emergencies is with routine maintenance. Ask us about our Cool Club Maintenance Program and its many associated benefits for members today!
FREE Service Call w/Repair!
CALL US TODAY!Only applies to repairs over $350. Cannot be combined with any other offer.