Ductless AC Systems in Plano, TX
Ductless mini-split systems are unique heating and cooling systems that have grown in popularity over the recent years—and for a good reason.
Ductless cooling systems take the standard split system and expand it, creating a ductless HVAC system made up of one outdoor unit and up to four indoor units. Each of these air handlers operates independently of one another for fully efficient cooling and heating for your Plano, TX, home comfort needs.
What is a Ductless AC System?
A ductless system, also known as a mini-split, is a heating and cooling system that doesn’t use ductwork. These mini-split systems use individual, wall-mounted blowers to regulate the temperatures in individual rooms throughout your home. Ductless mini-splits are connected to a refrigerant line that runs to one outdoor unit.
Many homeowners choose a ductless air conditioner for rooms they’ve added to their homes, like garages or sunrooms. When you add a space to your home, it’s not connected to the pre-existing ductwork. To save you both time and money, you can opt for a ductless system that will cool your new areas.
How Do Ductless Air Conditioners Work?
Ductless mini-splits circulate refrigerant through lines connected to the multiple indoor units. These indoor units, or air handlers, are usually installed at the top of a wall where it collects and circulates the air. The air handlers return the air to the outdoor unit, where it’s compressed and cooled by the refrigerant. The cycle continues as the air is circulated back into the indoor units.
An added benefit of installing a ductless mini-split is that it functions as both an AC and a heater. The process that ductless mini-splits use to distribute cool air into your home is the same way they heat your home; the process is just reversed. Most air conditioning units require a completely separate heating unit, like a furnace, that works in the cooler month. With a mini-split system, you get both heating and air conditioning all rolled into one energy-efficient system.
Benefits of a Ductless AC Unit
Whether you’re purchasing a whole-home cooling system for the first time or looking into a ductless air conditioning replacement, there are several reasons homeowners in the Plano area choose to go ductless.
Ductless mini-split systems have many benefits, including:
- Versatility – Ductless systems are used to both efficiently cool and heat living spaces, enabling year-round comfort all from one system.
- Convenience – As the name implies, ductless systems require no ductwork. This is both a space-saving and air quality-improving benefit. An additional convenience is that each room has its own remote that controls the temperature. So if your family constantly fights over the thermostat settings, a ductless mini-split can ensure everyone is comfortable.
- Cost-effective – Though ductless HVAC installation costs more upfront than a central air conditioner, the money you’ll save from month-to-month operation will pay this back quickly.
- Energy-efficient – By their very nature, ductless systems use less energy. They can also have different temperature settings throughout your home, and you have a very cost-effective and energy-efficient system.
- Better indoor air quality – Dirt and debris can build up in your air ducts, affecting your family’s health and indoor air quality. Since the ductless mini-split doesn’t rely on air ducts to circulate air, they’re much cleaner and reduce airborne contaminants from spreading in your home.
If you’re interested in learning more about how your family could benefit from a ductless heating and air conditioning system, contact the Plano heating and cooling experts at Aire Texas today!
Ductless AC Installation in Plano
Your Plano HVAC technicians at Aire Texas will handle the mini-split installation from start to finish. Our goal is never to inconvenience you and to complete all installations in a timely manner. Before we complete your mini-split AC installation, our technicians will walk you through what they did and make sure that you’re familiar with how to use your new system.
Rest assured, Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning is your trusted resource for ductless HVAC services in Plano. We are the premier dealer for leading brands such as Lennox, Daikin, American Standard, and more. We only provide the highest quality brands and materials. If it’s not good enough for our homes, it’s definitely not good enough for yours.
If you’re worried about the cost of your new ductless air conditioning system, we’ve got you covered. At Aire Texas, we offer financing options for all of our customers because you shouldn’t have to choose quality over comfort.
Ductless AC Maintenance in Plano
Like traditional HVAC systems, ductless heating and cooling systems require regular maintenance to ensure they remain working properly all season long. At Aire Texas, we offer our customers access to an annual maintenance plan, the Cool Club. When you join, one of our technicians will perform maintenance on your HVAC system twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, before temperatures reach extreme levels.
Regular HVAC maintenance on your ductless HVAC system allows our Diagnostic Engineers to locate any problems with your unit that may require repairs. This can also help you avoid an emergency or a minor problem becoming larger. When we perform our twice-annual maintenance, our technicians will ensure your system is performing as effectively and efficiently as possible.
At Aire Texas, we’re available 24/7, so if you begin experiencing problems with your unit, don’t hesitate to call!
Ductless AC Repair in Plano
As a trusted local HVAC contractor, we’re happy to help you with all of your ductless HVAC needs, including AC repairs in Plano.
Ductless systems are sturdy, but without proper installation and ductless HVAC maintenance, they can face the following repair needs:
- Air handler damage – Ductless systems have conduits behind each air handler that house refrigerant and other components. If there is a leak or problem behind the air handler, it can cause the unit to split from the wall.
- Refrigerant leak – Refrigerant is the fluid that enables the cooling process to happen in an air conditioner. Because refrigerant lines are behind your air handlers, you’ll want to be aware of a leak to avoid any hazardous exposure.
When you’re ready to schedule your ductless HVAC maintenance or installation, don’t hesitate to contact the best in Plano, TX!
Call Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning for All of Your Ductless HVAC Needs!
Whether you currently have a ductless mini-split system or are interested in installing one in your home, Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning has you covered. Our Plano HVAC experts can handle any heating and cooling job, big or small.
Education is our platform—you’ll know you’re making the right decision for your home when you turn to our team for your ductless services. We believe in doing things the right way every time!