Ductless Heating Systems in Plano, TX
Heating your home during the Texas winter months can seem almost impossible. Some rooms may be warmer than others, while others are practically frigid. This is where a ductless mini-split system can help.
Ductless HVAC installations expand the standard split system—a ductless HVAC system consists of a single outdoor unit and up to 4 modular indoor air handlers. Each of these air handlers operates independently of one another for fully efficient cooling and heating for your Plano, TX, home comfort needs.
Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning is your trusted source for ductless HVAC services in Plano, Texas and the surrounding areas. We are the premier dealer for leading brands such as Lennox, Daikin, American Standard, and more. Education is our platform—you’ll know you’re making the right decision for your home when you turn to our team for your ductless services. We believe in doing things the right way every time!
Contact us today to learn more about ductless systems and the huge benefit one will make for your home. You can schedule an appointment with one of our mini-split experts by calling (972) 424-2473 today!
What is a Ductless Mini Split System?
Ductless mini-split systems are exactly what they sound like – a heating and cooling system that does not require air ducts. Mini-split systems have one outdoor unit and can either have one indoor unit or multiple indoor units depending on the type of system you have.
Mini-splits are an excellent choice for homes that do not have existing ductwork. These systems also work well in homes that may already have an air duct system but have added a garage or other rooms to their house. This way, you don’t have to spend extra money on expanding your existing duct system and can add mini-splits to the additional rooms.
Since mini-splits can be installed in multiple rooms, your family can heat or cool their space to their desired temperature, so there’s no need to fight over the thermostat.
Why Do Plano Residents Choose Ductless Heating Systems?
Whether you’re purchasing a whole-home cooling system for the first time or looking into a ductless HVAC replacement, there are several reasons homeowners in the Plano and Dallas areas choose to go ductless.
Ductless HVAC installation and replacements are:
- Versatile – Ductless systems are used to efficiently cool and heat living spaces, enabling year-round comfort all from one system.
- Convenient – As the name implies, ductless systems require no ductwork. This is a space-saving and air quality-improving benefit.
- Cost-effective – Though ductless HVAC installation is more upfront than a central air conditioner, the money you’ll save from month-to-month operation will pay this back quickly.
- Energy-efficient – By their very nature, ductless systems use less energy. Add to that they can have different temperature settings throughout your home, and you have a very cost-effective and energy-efficient design.
Contact our team when you’re ready for your ductless HVAC installation in Plano, TX. We never subcontract our work—you can count on our highly-trained and experienced Installation Specialists to show up and offer you the quality service you deserve.
At Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning, we offer our customers financing options so that installing a new system doesn’t have to break the bank. We also provide coupons and other special discounts, so be sure to ask your Aire Texas technician how you can save on your ductless installation today!
Ductless Mini Split Options
Ductless mini-split systems come in a variety of forms. Mini-splits can heat or cool single or multiple zones. A single-zone mini-split has one indoor unit and one outdoor unit. Multi-zone mini-splits can have up to eight indoor units connected to a single outdoor unit. So depending on how much of your home you want to heat or cool, you can choose between a single-zone or multi-zone mini-split system.
Unlike window units, you’re not limited to one particular area when choosing your ductless HVAC system. When choosing a ductless system, there are several factors to consider, like space in your home, wall space, and floor space. Listed below are the various options for ductless heating and cooling systems:
- Ceiling cassette: A ceiling cassette mini-split is just like the name sounds; it’s mounted on the ceiling. A ceiling cassette is a good option for homeowners who don’t want to always look at their indoor unit. It can be mounted on the ceiling where it won’t be a focal point in the rooms that they’re installed in. Another benefit of the ceiling cassette is that it provides wider airflow than wall-mounted mini-splits. These mini-splits are most commonly used in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Wall Mount: Wall-mounted mini-splits are the most popular type of ductless mini-splits. These systems are installed high up on the wall and can even be installed behind paintings. Wall mount mini-splits are the most cost-effective systems on the market and can be installed in any room.
- Floor standing: Floor-standing mini-splits are ideal for homeowners unable to mount mini-splits on their walls or ceiling. The only downside to this mini-split is that they take up space.
Before making your decision on what type of ductless system you’d like to have installed in your home, schedule an appointment with one of our ductless system experts at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning. Our technicians will take your needs into consideration, as well as your home’s layout, floor space, and wall space. Contact Aire Texas today to schedule a mini-split system consultation.
Do You Need Ductless HVAC Repair?
As a trusted local HVAC contractor, we’re happy to help you with all of your ductless HVAC needs, including AC repairs in Plano.
Ductless systems are sturdy, but without proper installation and maintenance, they can face the following repair needs:
- Air handler damage – Ductless systems have conduits behind each air handler that house refrigerant and other components. If there is a leak or problem behind the air handler, it can cause the unit to split from the wall.
- Refrigerant leak – Refrigerant is the fluid that enables the cooling process to happen in an air conditioner. Because refrigerant lines are behind your air handlers, you’ll want to be aware of a leak to avoid any hazardous exposure.
Ductless Heating Maintenance
Ductless systems are unique systems in many ways. They require annual maintenance since they function as heating and cooling systems. At Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning, we offer our customers an annual maintenance plan program. When you join the Cool Club Maintenance Program, you’ll receive twice-a-year maintenance checks on your ductless HVAC, plus other benefits like priority service, no overtime or after-hours fees, and more.
Performing routine maintenance on your heating and cooling system helps our Diagnostic Engineers ensure your system performs as effectively and efficiently as possible, with no pending repair needs. If you have ductless HVAC repair needs, we’re the team to call, with 24/7 availability.
Other HVAC Services We Offer
In addition to ductless system repairs and installations, we also offer a wide range of residential and commercial HVAC services for your Plano, TX, home, and business. Take a look:
- Plano Air Duct Cleaning
- Plano Air Conditioning Repair
- Plano Air Conditioning Installation and Replacement
- Plano Heater Repair
- Plano Heater Installation and Replacement
- Plano Home Automation
- Plano Insulation Services
- Plano Commercial Maintenance
- Plano Commercial Air Conditioning
- Plano Commercial Heating
- Plano Commercial Indoor Air Quality Services
Call Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning for Your Ductless Heating Needs
If you’re looking to upgrade your heating and cooling system to a ductless mini-split or need a repair, the technicians at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning are ready to help. Call us today at (972) 424-2473.