Air Conditioning Repair in Plano, TX
There is a reason our motto here at Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc is “Doing it right the first time, every time!”
Our thorough air conditioning repair services enables our diagnostic engineers to comprehensively inspect, adjust, and repair, and clean your heating and air conditioning systems for the most efficient performance possible and keeping your Plano, TX, home comfortable for years to come.
No unit is immune to the need for AC repair, of course, but annual maintenance will help keep them at a minimum, and our technicians are ready 24/7, 365 days a year, when you need prompt air conditioning repairs!
Contact Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning today for your Plano, TX, air conditioning maintenance and repair needs.
Signs Your Air Conditioning System Needs Repair
Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc provides emergency services to all our customers throughout Plano, TX, and beyond, but we also believe in educating our customers to help them avoid such AC calamities. The best way to do this is by sharing with you the signs of air conditioners that need repair:
- Reduced Airflow – There are a number of potential causes for reduced airflow in HVAC systems, ranging from an easily replaceable clogged air filter to something more sinister such as a broken component. Sometimes when airflow is restricted, it can indicate a failing compressor or signify an issue with the air ducts.
- Low Cooling Output – Low cooling or uneven temperatures can be caused by damaged air ducts, a clogged air filter, or even by a refrigerant leak—which should be repaired ASAP to keep your system at peak performance.
- Short-Cycling – This is the process where an air conditioner rapidly turns on and off. Short-cycling is both a symptom of a problem and a problem itself. When your AC unit is short-cycling, this can be either an electrical issue or a malfunctioning compressor. Either of these problems can create more significant problems. Be sure to call our Plano HVAC professionals right away if you notice this sign.
- Odd Noises – No air conditioner is silent, but if the sounds yours makes go beyond the normal humming of the fan or fluctuating of your air ducts, it’s time to give our diagnostic engineers a call. If you notice a loud buzzing, that noise can mean loose parts are rattling around, refrigerant leaks, or the compressor is malfunctioning.
- Higher Energy Costs – It’s wise to keep an eye on your monthly energy bills. Are they more expensive than they were this time last year? Dirty air filters, duct leaks, failing parts, the age of your AC unit, and low refrigerant can all cause your electric bills to increase. If you believe you’re experiencing higher energy bills due to one of the these issues, you might need air conditioning repair.
AC Repair or Replacement – Which Do I Need?
When determining if your AC can be repaired or replaced, there are many factors to consider before you jump to replacing the entire HVAC system or settle with a simple repair. If your unit is less than ten years old, call the experts at Aire Texas to perform an AC maintenance service call before the problem gets any bigger. If your air conditioning unit is more than 10-15 years old, you will want to look into purchasing a new system, as that is the average lifespan of most air conditioning units. Older units are more likely to use the R-22 refrigerant, which causes environmental damage. If your unit is using R-22, you will definitely want to get rid of your old system and consider purchasing a new AC system.
Maybe you don’t feel like you’re air conditioning problems will be a recurring issue. One of our certified technicians will come out and make sure that your unit is producing cool air and determine how big the overall issue is. Sometimes all AC units need is an HVAC tune-up. Consider an AC service call if you’re happy with your monthly electric bill and feel like it’s doing a good job overall.
Sometimes it’s easy to know when it’s time to replace your AC unit. If your repairs will cost upwards of $5,000 and your unit is older than the recommended lifespan, it’s often best to replace your unit altogether. Our heating and air conditioning experts will evaluate the problem and make sure that you’re not paying for expensive repairs when you could just get a new, better-performing HVAC unit.
Avoid Expensive Emergency Repairs With Regular HVAC Maintenance
One of the main functions of Plano air conditioning maintenance is for our technicians to spot any signs of disrepair in your cooling unit before it grows into a bigger emergency during a Texas heat wave. Performing regular AC repairs and annual maintenance on your heating and air conditioning unit will help the longevity of your air conditioner unit. Below, we’ll highlight some of what you can expect with our annual AC tune-ups.
Changing Air Filters
It’s important to change your air filter every one to two months. Clogged or dirty filters can restrict the airflow and diminish the system’s efficiency. Changing your AC filter regularly can also affect the air conditioner coils.
Cleaning Evaporator Coils
Over time the evaporator coils on your AC unit will collect dirt and debris, especially if your unit is surrounded by foliage. Cleaning the evaporator coils yearly will promote air flow and keep the coils from absorbing heat.
Cleaning Coil Fins
When cleaning the evaporator coils, you will want to also clean the coil fins. Dirt can collect on the coil fins and restrict airflow through the coils.
Condensate Drain Cleaning
It’s important to also clean the condensate drains when performing routine maintenance on your HVAC equipment. The condensate drains can occasionally get clogged and create moisture in your home.
When you’re a member of the Cool Club Family with Aire Texas, our HVAC service professionals will conduct annual maintenance on your air conditioning system twice a year to make sure your unit is running efficiently.
Become a Part of the Cool Club Family
The Cool Club is the Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc heating and AC maintenance agreement that provides participating customers with a host of benefits that save money.
Our diagnostic engineers come out twice a year—once in the fall and once in the spring—to comprehensively clean, lubricate, test, and inspect over 15 different functions of both your cooling and heating systems to keep your units running at their peak performance.
Cool Club members also receive:
- Priority, first-in-line customer service calls.
- No after-hours trip charges.
- Discounts on any repairs, installations, or services.
- 1 “no charge” service call per ac system per year.
- Lifetime repair guarantee on any parts replaced while Cool Club membership is maintained.
- A free home energy assessment, including heat load engineering report.
Reach out to our team today to learn more about our maintenance agreement or schedule your next air conditioning maintenance services.
Why Trust Aire Texas for Your AC Repair Plano Services?
When calling Aire Texas to repair your HVAC system, you get great customer service every time. All our technicians, including our Diagnostic Engineers, Installation Specialists, Equipment Design Engineers, and Customer Specialtists, are extremely professional, knowledgeable, provide excellent service, and are here for you 24/7, 365 days a year. Not only do you know you will receive great service from our air and heating experts, but we offer affordable rates, especially when you join the Cool Club family.
Don’t get caught in a Texas heat wave without a proper cooling air conditioning system. Contact the Plano air conditioning experts at Aire Texas today at 972-833-8005.
Call The Plano Air Conditioning Repair Specialists at Aire Texas Today!
Whatever challenges your air conditioning and heating equipment presents, our engineers are available around-the-clock to assist you and deliver high-quality repair and efficient home solutions. We abide by the saying “Doing it right the first time, every time,” and we mean it! What’s more, we strive to offer high-quality work as well as high-quality products and services in Plano, TX at reasonable costs.
For exceptional service for all of your HVAC system and repair needs, get in touch with Aire Texas Residential Services, Inc. right away at (972) 734-1791 or by filling out an online form. We look forward to working with you!