Insulation in Plano, TX
Many homeowners in the Plano area are aware that insulation is beneficial in keeping their home temperate throughout peak heating and cooling seasons, though many don’t know just how important having the proper insulation is. Insulation prevents heat transfer—that is, it prevents heat from getting out of your home in the winter and keeps it out during the summer. This helps your HVAC system work as efficiently as possible and improves your overall home performance and energy efficiency.
At Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning, education is our platform. When our Plano HVAC service experts come to your North Central Texas home, we’ll look at the building as a whole to determine how your current systems are serving you and what products or services will further enhance your comfort. Insulation is a vital part of all this!
Not only does Aire Texas provide insulation installation services in Plano, TX, we are also equipped to remove the OLD insulation from your home, as well!
To learn more about insulation and its proper installation, contact our Plano HVAC team today. We believe in “doing it right the first time, every time!”
What is Home Insulation?
Having proper insulation is an important part of maintaining your home comfort. But what exactly is it? Insulation is a material that is used to insulate a building–in this case, your home–that works to keep heat either in or out, depending on the time of year. In the summer, it helps keep the heat from coming into your home, while during the winter, it helps keep heat from escaping your home.
In other words, adding insulation to your living space (such as in the walls and attic) essentially creates a barrier between the air inside of your home and the drastically different temperatures outdoors. By doing so, it allows for more energy-efficient HVAC operation and keeps your home comfortable year-round.
Which Insulation Is Best for Your Home?
Believe it or not, insulation is not one-size-fits-all. Your attic insulation may differ from what’s within your drywall for adequate prevention of heat transfer and to reduce the amount of energy you need to heat and cool your Plano, TX area home. Some of the most common types of insulation include:
- Foam Insulation – Foam insulation may take the form of either injection foam or spray foam insulation. Spray foam is sprayed into an open cavity in a liquid form and then expands to fill the cavity, while injection foam is pumped into existing cavities.
- Cellulose – This is made primarily from shredded and treated recycles paper. It’s commonly used as attic insulation and for retrofit projects due to it resistance to moisture, insects, rodents, and even fire.
- Loose Fiberglass Fill – This is considered an alternative to cellulose, as it is easier to be applied evenly. If your current insulation was improperly installed, then fiberglass fill will help even it all out for maximum efficiency.
- Blown-In Attic Insulation – Blown-in insulation can be made from fiberglass or from environmentally-friendly cellulose. Its best purpose is to provide insulations to oddly-shaped areas and corners where traditional fiberglass batts used in many older homes may not reach.
Remember, the installation of insulation should always be done by a professional. At Aire Texas, we can help determine how your insulation is impacting your property’s thermal envelope–that is, its ability to prevent heat transfer–and which type of insulation is best for you and your home’s unique needs.
The Importance of Adequate Attic Insulation
Your attic is the most important place to have adequate insulation. This is because attics collect heat—in fact, during the hottest of summer days, the temperatures from radiant energy on the roof can get up to 130°F. On the contrary, in the wintertime, the heat from your heating system can quickly rise out through the attic—unless you have the appropriate insulation barrier there to slow it down.
Quality insulation, however, keeps that heat from transferring into the rest of your home or vice versa and making your air conditioner or heating system work harder than it should have to. This means that with the right insulation, you can save money on energy bills, reduce your carbon footprint, improve your indoor air quality, and maintain a consistent temperature in your home all at the same time!
Benefits of Proper Insulation
Below, we’ll go into more detail regarding the benefits of having proper insulation in your home:
- Less Energy Consumption – Insulation helps keep hot air out during the summer while preventing it from escaping in the winter. This means your HVAC unit won’t have to work as hard to maintain your desired temperature, resulting in less energy consumption and an improved carbon footprint.
- Lower Energy Bills – The more energy that is required from your HVAC system, the more you can expect to pay for your electric bill. As such, when your heating system or air conditioning system consumes less energy, it becomes significantly more cost-effective and can help you save so much money in the long run.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality – By effectively insulating your home, you can keep out unwanted air pollution that contributes to poor indoor air quality and related health problems.
- Consistent Temperatures – Without proper insulation, you may experience drafts in your home. This can lead to uncomfortable hot or cold spots. Luckily, when you equip the help of an Aire Texas professional for your insulation needs, you’ll benefit from consistent indoor temperatures all season long.
Do You Need Better Home Insulation?
There are a few key indicators that your house may require improved insulation. Contact Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning to discuss your home energy efficiency and insulation needs if you notice any of the following signs of an energy deficit:
- Uneven heating or cooling in the home, otherwise known as hot or cold spots.
- Trouble effectively getting your heater or AC to the desired temperature on your thermostat.
- Known damage to your current insulation, such as exposure to moisture, bugs, or rodents.
When you reach out to Aire Texas, we’ll come inspect your home and existing insulation to see what insulation products or services would benefit you most.
We Also Offer Plano Insulation Removal Services and Air Sealing Services
While many companies provide new insulation service, very few will also remove the old, dilapidated, wet, or moldy insulation prior to the installation. Removal of the old insulation is not only important for your home’s efficacy performance, but oftentimes, the old insulation holds droppings and waste left behind by critters which can carry toxicity, affecting your home’s indoor air quality.
Fortunately, we are not like most HVAC companies! At Aire Texas, we provide both services in one fell swoop! This means we’ll conduct all the steps necessary to remove your old insulation and install your new insulation and radiant barrier, saving you the headache of sourcing multiple companies to complete your home’s new insulation needs.
In addition, we are also able to perform an energy audit as well as air sealing services to ensure your home remains as energy-efficient and cost-effective as possible. To learn more about the many efficient home solutions we offer at Aire Texas, give us a call today!
Call Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning for Top Insulation Services in Plano, TX and The Surrounding Areas
At Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning, we know that a well-insulated home is a happy home. That’s why we are happy to provide insulation installation and removal services for our friends and neighbors in Plano, TX and the surrounding North Central Texas areas. When you choose us, we guarantee quality products, prompt service, free estimates, and reasonable rates for every project we take on.
For your insulation and home performance needs, trust Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning to get the job done right the first time, every time! Give us a call at (972) 424-2473 or reach out to us online to set up your appointment today.