Furnaces in Plano, TX
At Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning, our platform is education—we educate our Diagnostic Engineers and Installation Specialists so that they can provide the vigilant customer service we’re known for throughout Plano, TX and the surrounding communities. Whether you need furnace repairs or a full furnace replacement, we can help you make the right decision!
When we come to your home for any heating or air conditioning service call, we’ll look not only at how your current systems are serving you, but what products or services may benefit your home comfort in the future. In many cases, a furnace installation is an excellent option for your home heating solution, and we’d be happy to help you with that. Or, if you’re looking for furnace repair in Plano, TX, you’re in the right place for that, too!
We believe in “doing it right the first time every time” here at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning. Contact us today for comprehensive furnace services in Plano.
Types of Furnaces
When your furnace is on its last leg, there are many options to choose from. However, there are two common types of furnaces seen throughout Plano, TX: a gas furnace and an electric furnace. One furnace system isn’t necessarily better than the other, but both have their advantages.
- Gas furnaces – Gas-powered furnaces are the most popular type of heating system found in Plano homes today. Natural gas is an affordable and plentiful fuel source and puts out a lot of heat. One downside is if your home has no access to a natural gas line, in which case an electric model will suffice.
- Electric furnaces – These heaters use a large heating coil to generate heat. The benefit is that they can work in any home with modern electricity. In addition, even though gas-powered systems aren’t inherently unsafe, electric furnaces do offer safety benefits.
Signs You Need Furnace Service or Air Handler Repair
Even with maintenance and 24/7 repair service, you may still be surprised by the need for a furnace repair, unless you know the signs that one is necessary. Here are a few of the most common:
- Noisy operation – Strange noises outside of the hum of your compressor or fan may mean a component is loose, refrigerant is leaking, or you have ductwork damage.
- Loss of heating power – There may be something amiss with the heat exchanger, or a leak coming from your air handler that’s causing this. You may even notice cold spots throughout your home.
- Drop in airflow – Check your air filter. It should be changed every 1-3 months to prevent this airflow problem. Airflow issues have other causes too, so if changing the filter doesn’t help, please give our pros a call right away.
The only way to know for sure that you’re in need of Plano furnace repair is by contacting the pros. Reach out to the Customer Specialists at Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning today!
Should You Repair or Replace Your Furnace?
This is a common question among homeowners, particularly when it comes to costly or frequent repairs. We strive to educate our customers, so if you’re unsure of what call you should make on your aging or malfunctioning heater, we can help!
Generally speaking, a furnace older than 10-15 years is a good candidate for replacement, but if a small, affordable repair can keep it going for another season or two, it may not make sense for your budget to replace your existing furnace just yet.
Below, our heating systems technicians will break down when it’s time for a new furnace versus a repair.
Signs You Need a New Furnace
- Your furnace is 15 years or older: Even with regular heating system maintenance and proper care, furnaces don’t last forever. If your furnace is 15 years or older, it might be time to stop repairing and replace it. The older your furnace gets, the more money it will cost in repairs and energy bills, as well.
- Carbon monoxide leak: If you believe that your home’s furnace is leaking carbon monoxide, vacate immediately and call the fire department. After that, it’s time to call Aire Texas for a new system. If you suspect a carbon monoxide leak, look for yellow flames in your furnace.
- Constant loud noises: If you’re hearing constant sounds like banging, rattling, squealing, or screeching, your home’s furnace may be overheating. If your unit is older, it’s time to go ahead and replace it. If your furnace is less than 10 years old, one of our technicians should be able to locate the problem and fix it.
- Repairs cost more than a replacement: If your furnace repairs are going to cost you 30% or more than what a new furnace costs, it’s time to shop for a new furnace. If you’re prolonging a furnace replacement due to the cost, ask your Aire Texas technician about our financing options available.
- Massive increase in energy bills: It’s not uncommon for homeowners to see an increase in energy bills here and there, but if your bill is hundreds of dollars above average, you might want to consider a new furnace.
Signs You Just Need A Repair
If your furnace is not very old, but you’re experiencing some problems, you may be able to get by with a furnace repair in Plano, TX. The below issues can usually be repaired unless your technician finds additional problems or your furnace is around 15 years old:
- Poor heat flow: You have some rooms in your house that are cooler than others. This could be caused by a poorly working thermostat, leaky ducts, dirty air filter, or damaged motor.
- Furnace won’t turn on: As your furnace gets older, it can be harder to get started or may need to be re-started during the day. This could be due to a number of issues including damaged thermostat or heat exchanger. It may also be caused by dirty coils, air filters, or flame sensors.
- Fuel smells: It’s common to smell fuel the first time you start your furnace. If this smell does not go away, you could have a gas leak. While the problem might just be dirt or dust collected inside the furnace, it’s important to assume the worst. Gas is extremely flammable so you never want to take your chances.
- Short-cycling: If you notice your furnace turning off and on frequently, you could have a broken thermostat, clogged filter, or issue with circulation. When your furnace turns on and off frequently, this is also known as short-cycling. This causes extra wear and tear on your furnace from the energy it uses to start and stop constantly. Ignoring these issues could damage your furnace more than necessary and require a new one much sooner.
- Poor air quality: If you have clogged filters or a dirty ductwork system, your furnace could be circulating unclean air through your home. Poor air quality can cause health and other respiratory issues. Changing your filters regularly is important, as well as scheduling ductwork cleaning every few years.
If you’re still on the fence about whether you can repair your existing furnace or you need a new one, contact our heating system experts at Aire Texas. One of our experienced technicians will evaluate your furnace and determine whether it can be repaired or needs to be replaced.
Ask About Our HVAC Maintenance Plan
The best way to fend off the worst of furnace emergencies is with routine maintenance. Members of our Cool Club Maintenance Program enjoy a number of benefits in addition to their heating system working as efficiently as possible. When you’re a member of the Cool Club, an Aire Texas technician will check your furnace and air conditioning unit once a year. In the fall, you’ll have a routine inspection of your furnace before the unpredictable Texas cold weather blows in. In the spring, your air conditioning system will be checked to ensure it’s working properly before the scorching Plano, TX summer.
Other benefits of being a Cool Club member include:
- 1 free service call each year
- 1 free assessment
- Priority service
- A lifetime repair guarantee
For All Your Plano Furnace Service Needs, Call Aire Texas Heating and Air Conditioning Today!
Whether you’re in need of a gas furnace repair or electric furnace replacement, you can count on the heating system experts at Aire Texas. Our technicians have experience working with gas furnaces, heat pumps, electric furnaces, and more. No matter what kind of Plano, TX heating system you have, we can handle it.
Since 2010, Aire Texas has been providing excellent customer service to residents in Plano, TX. We offer 24/7 emergency services because we know that air conditioners and heaters also go out at the worst possible times. No matter the time of day, we take pride in the quality of HVAC services that our technicians provide. In fact, we have an A+ business rating with the Better Business Bureau. Whether you need a heater replacement, repair, or cleaner air, you can count on Aire Texas.
To schedule an appointment with one of our Aire Texas technicians, call (972) 424-2473 today.